1) The dog in panel one is investigating what smells so ... interesting. The dog in panel two could swear he left his car keys around here somewhere.
2) The bird in panel one will screech, "Nevermore." The bird in panel two will screech something about crackers.
3) In panel one, which took place before Halloween, the woman is trying on her Halloween costume, a "sexy French maid" outfit. She got it in the discount bin along with a pair of irregular socks and some discontinued snack foods, Wasabi Bacon Puffs. She tried to return the costume when she realized it was not, in fact, sexy. The store said it has a no-return policy on anything in the discount bin. (The long-expired Wasabi Bacon Puffs are what the dog in panel one is smelling.)
4) The phone cord in panel two has been cut by a dumb would-be serial killer who didn't realize that cutting the cord between the receiver and the rest of the phone would not, in fact, cut off communications inside the house, which contains two other cordless phones in addition to the boy and mother's cell phones. Fortunately for the family, the would-be killer made numerous other mistakes, such as holding the gun backwards and firing it at his face.
5) The breeze coming through the window in panel one is causing the curtains to billow. In panel two, the window is closed. The curtains are haunted.
6) The dog in panel one will be punished for getting into the trash with a swat from a rolled-up newspaper. The dog in panel two will lose his driving priveleges for a week.